Charming 3 bedroom Cape on Dead end street. Updated kitchen and baths, hardwood floors, professionally finished lower level, new roof, nice flat lot. Awesome home in a great neighborhood!
This is a Cape style home and features 7 total rooms, 1 full bath, 3 bedrooms, 0.20 Acres, and is currently available for $219,900.
For complete details click here.
Buying a home can be an exciting time and there is no better time to buy and take advantage of low mortgage rates and prices. Buyer beware, just because it is a good deal you still need to do your due diligence before signing on the dotted line. Here are some potential purchase pitfalls to look for:
Does the home you are purchasing have a great finished basement, new deck or three season addition? Check with city or town hall to make sure the work was done to code and the proper permits were pulled. Things not done to code can be expensive to fix and can ultimately lower the home’s value.
Structural problems are a big red flag. Have a professional home inspection and if need be have a structural inspection on the home. Things to look for include doors and windows that don’t open and close properly and cracks along the foundation. Some cracks may be harmless and normal settling but typically the bigger the crack, the bigger the problem. Structural problems are usually a deal killer as they can be very costly to fix.
Insect damage can be part of a much bigger problem. Signs of excessive termite or pest damage does not tell the whole story and often there is unseen damage inside the walls. This may require a special pest inspection to determine if the home’s studs have been compromised thus affecting the home’s structure.
Another potential problem is water damage. Water damage can cause the failure of the foundation. Water needs to be always draining away from the house. Look for moisture or water stains in the basement. This may indicate a drainage issue. Also be sure to check if the home is in a flood zone. Water in the home can also cause mold. Mold can lead to many serious health issues and is expensive and time consuming to remove. Mold should always be removed by a professional specializing in mold mitigation.
Do-it-yourself electrical work or antiquated electrical can be a recipe for disaster. When looking at homes be wary of electrical work that has been added on over the years. If the home has an addition make sure to ask if the current electrical system is enough to handle the additional square footage. Be wary of older knob and tube wiring or aluminum wiring this can be very expensive to replace.
A professional home inspector should always be able to help point out potential pitfalls in a home before you purchase it. Never skimp on peace of mind. To find a qualified home inspector you can check with the National Association of Home Inspectors.
Nashua NH Listings
Merrimack NH ListingsMerrimack, NH - $134,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Merrimack, NH - $369,900 - Single-Family - Gambrel - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1 - 3/4Baths:1Merrimack, NH - $264,900 - Single-Family - Garrison - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Merrimack, NH - $229,500 - Single-Family - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1
Hollis NH ListingsHollis, NH - $349,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/3Hollis, NH - $514,000 - Single-Family - Cape, W/Addition - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/2Hollis, NH - $395,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary, Gambrel, Walkout Lower Level - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Hollis, NH - $432,000 - Single-Family - Gambrel, Reproduction - Rooms:8 - Beds:5 - Baths:2
- Viega Helps Plumbing Apprentice Prepare for WorldSkills Competition May 23, 2013WICHITA, KAN. With the help of Viega , Nicholas Michalenko will compete in the 42nd international WorldSkills competition in Leipzig, Germany. […]
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves May 23, 2013In the past year, e-book borrowing has increased by almost 100 percent, Library Director Jennifer Hinderer told city officials this week. […]
- McSharry named top business owner in Nashua awards May 23, 2013McSharry was named New Hampshire's Small Business Person of the Year for 2013 by the U.S. Small Business Administration. […]
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit May 22, 2013A 43-year-old man is accused of breaking into a downtown apartment and biting a man on his arm. […]
- Viega Helps Plumbing Apprentice Prepare for WorldSkills Competition May 23, 2013
- Summer concert series runs June through August May 23, 2013The free Summer Concert Series, which runs from June through August every Wednesday, is sponsored by the Merrimack Parks and Recreation Department, under the guidance of Director Sherry Kalish. […]
- Merrimack Library's Lowell Room, cleaned out, ready for public use May 23, 2013If you've been in the library recently, you might notice that things look a little different. […]
- How Merrimack Co. representatives voted on N.H. casino bill May 23, 2013The New Hampshire House yesterday voted, 199-164, to kill a bill allowing a single casino in New Hampshire. […]
- Berwick concrete facility cleared after fatal accident May 23, 2013A local concrete mixing facility was found to be clear of any workplace safety issues following an accidental death last year. […]
- Summer concert series runs June through August May 23, 2013
- Step back in time May 23, 2013Courtesy photo The parlor of the Wheeler House, home of the Hollis Historical Soceity, where you will find many period artifacts, furniture, accessories and garments. […]
- Arrest Log: 5/22/2013 May 22, 2013Lynsey Tambosi, 20, 386 Pine Hill Road, Hollis, N.H.; possession of a Class B substance, conspiracy to violate drug laws. […]
- Mind your (flea-market) manners May 19, 2013Part-time musician and flea-market dealer Lowell Keith of Wareham, Mass., shows off a vintage bass at Shirley's Flea Market in Hollis. […]
- Police: Roommate dispute leads to attack in NH May 18, 2013Police say two men and a woman from Massachusetts are charged with attacking a man with a hammer and knife following a roommate dispute in Hollis, N.H. Police say three people connected to 1 of the roommates returned to the home, identifying themselves as police officers early Friday before attacking the victim in his RV. […]
- Step back in time May 23, 2013